Re: [OCLUG-Tech] mouseless

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:23:29PM -0400, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> There is only one thing that I am stuck selecting text in right now, and
> that's an xterm.  I hope to get that fixed by switching to urxvt and
> writing some perl plugins.  I am trying to get Dave O'Neill to write
> this for me, since he is a perl guru :)

I get around this by using GNU screen.  In screen you can can use:

"^A ["

to enter Copy Mode (if your command key is "^A", adjust appropriately
for other command keys).  Then you can use vi-like keys to select
portions of text, copy them to a buffer and then paste them with:

"^A ]"

If your main purpose is to copy & paste URLs, then you can integrate
urlview with screen in your .screenrc to make that a lot quicker.

Hope that helps,

Kevin.