[OCLUG-Tech] mouseless

I gave a short lightening talk about my mouse-less environment
yesterday.  Some people emailed me questions about it.  So here is the
summary:

- editor: vim

   completely mouse-less operation

        http://www.vim.org

- window manager: wmii

   It's a panel window manger, like ratpoison, larswm, and ion3.

   If you run wmii, I recommend using version 3.0 and wmii+ruby script
   for your event loop.  wmii comes with a bash script that is rather
   slow.

   I've blogged about this, so I will avoid repeating myself:

        http://www.jukie.net/~bart/blog/tag/wmii

   There instructions about wmii+ruby on debian here:

        http://www.jukie.net/~bart/blog/wmii-with-ruby

- browser: firefox2 + vimperator

   vimperator is a javascript/XUL application that redefines the
   interface to firefox 2.

   It attempts to provide an authentic VIM interface in firefox.

        http://vimperator.mozdev.org/

There is only one thing that I am stuck selecting text in right now, and
that's an xterm.  I hope to get that fixed by switching to urxvt and
writing some perl plugins.  I am trying to get Dave O'Neill to write
this for me, since he is a perl guru :)

Enjoy.

-Bart

--