Re: [OCLUG-Tech] mouseless

* Bart Trojanowski <bart-oclug [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> [070502 12:24]:
> There is only one thing that I am stuck selecting text in right now, and
> that's an xterm.  I hope to get that fixed by switching to urxvt and
> writing some perl plugins.  I am trying to get Dave O'Neill to write
> this for me, since he is a perl guru :)

I wrote a prototype script that does what I described earlier... grabs
anything that looks like an URL from a urxvt terminal.

        http://www.jukie.net/~bart/blog/urxvt-url-yank

I took a few shortcuts, so I will have to fix them at some point.
First, it only sees one URL per line.  Second, I don't use X selections
but fiddle with the reverse-video to higlight the URL as it's being
selected.  Third, I didn't know how to select text from perl, so I have
this evil hack:

        system ("echo $text | xclip -i");

Eeeeeew!

And, now that I have written bad perl code, Dave will sure to help.  :)

Eventually, I want to add screen-like block yanking support...  might as
well do better then screen and support block selections also.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/