Re: [OCLUG-Tech] html/php 'Hello World'

Hi Dan;

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 22:43 -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2007 at 22:10, William Case wrote:
>
> > Is there no way then, that I can comment out code like in C and start
> > working backwards to solve a coding problem.  It's too early in the game
> > for me to start learning how to run a HTTP or PHP debugger.  Not being
> > able to do something simple to solve another problem is where the real
> > frustration was coming into it.
>
> HTML comments != PHP comments.
>
> <?php
>
> # This is a comment
>
> /*
> This is also a comment
> */
>
> ?>

Yes, I got that.  But they weren't working the way I expected.  I tried
using HTML comments on HTML code and PHP comments on PHP code.

> > Now I am really confused.  The file is a PHP file (help.php).
> > Shouldn't the browser be reading the PHP comments tags after the end of
> > the HTML code is closed off?
>
> The browser never sees the PHP.  The PHP code is processed only on
> the server.  No PHP code is delivered to the browser.

OKKKKKKKK !  Do you mean that when the file is interpreted, it becomes
all one binary (or whatever) piece.

I'll try playing around some more.  I just want to find an easy to
isolate errors.

--
Regards Bill