Re: [OCLUG-Tech] html/php 'Hello World'

On 17 Apr 2007 at 22:10, William Case wrote:

> Is there no way then, that I can comment out code like in C and start
> working backwards to solve a coding problem.  It's too early in the game
> for me to start learning how to run a HTTP or PHP debugger.  Not being
> able to do something simple to solve another problem is where the real
> frustration was coming into it.

HTML comments != PHP comments.

<?php

# This is a comment

/*
This is also a comment
*/

?>

> Now I am really confused.  The file is a PHP file (help.php).
> Shouldn't the browser be reading the PHP comments tags after the end of
> the HTML code is closed off?

The browser never sees the PHP.  The PHP code is processed only on
the server.  No PHP code is delivered to the browser.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php