Re: [OCLUG-Tech] scanner detection/identification problem

Prof J C Nash wrote:
t seems to match usbview output.

> But
> scanimage -L
> says it cannot "identify" any scanners.
>
> Anyone any experience or advice in this area?
>
> JN

I had that problem with my Epson RX500, But it ws fixed by a suse update.

Problem was that the printer sybsystem was grabing the USB port on the
MFD, and so the scan program was failing as the scanner was already in
use.  The fixed program tries to talk to the scaner even if someone else
is busy using the printer or the other functions (mine has a bunch of
Camera card slots on the front)

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net        Just Beyond the Fringe