Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Show and tell session for Ubuntu

Not heavy attendance, but 2 profs and 1 student. The real success is that 2 profs turned up (and were quite enthused).

Also I got several "complaints" that it was Saturday and folk (profs and administrators) could not come, so I've offered repeat(s). This applies to anyone who thinks it may be useful. I've a short presentation deck (~10 mins worth) to introduce GNU/Linux, distributions, UIs and the Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu family. I had all 3 on a demo machine. Unfortunately it has to be re-used elsewhere. May try to put slides up on Tux for use by others, and for gradual improvement.

Clearly, though I nominally targetted students, I'm actually happier to teach to the teachers. If anyone has contacts, etc. who would like the session, let's see what we can do. I think the personal touch is the way to go. Of course, be nice to get such a session on TV. Anyone know any producers?

JN