Re: [OCLUG-Tech] CUPSD question

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:08:31PM -0400, Hugh Campbell wrote:

> Very occasionally, when I print a document under KDE, the KDE print
> dialog will appear, but there will be no printers defined in the
> appropriate drop-down buttons, etc.  The blank dialog just sits
> there frozen, unable to even be closed. It seems like it can't read
> its own configuration and gets stuck.

Actually, whenever you launch a print dialog like the KDE one, it
connects to the CUPS server and requests a list of printers so that it
can fill in that drop-down list of them.  So this is likely just the
exact same issue as the server itself freezing.

Sorry I can't help with the problem itself, but at least I can offer
some assurance that you really do have one problem, not two. ;)

You may wish to run an "strace -f -p <pid>" on the CUPS server, and
see what system call it's blocking on when it does freeze.