Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Kernel Update Goes Funny

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:16:15PM -0400, Barry McLarnon wrote:

> The strange behaviour I'm seeing could be explained if the system
> was initially booting from the mirror drive (/dev/sdb), and then
> mounting the first drive (/dev/sda) to continue the boot process.

That'd do it. ;)

Booting off the wrong drive was basically my next guess, though I was
delaying it as long as possible, because I had no idea how you could
end up with an old kernel sitting intact on another drive, and have
GRUB use that instead of your root drive.  Or at least, I figured
you'd know about it if you did. ;)