RE: [OCLUG-Tech] sending mail (rogers & sendmail)

From: "Bruce Keats" <brucekeats [ at ] hotmail [ dot ] com>
To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Subject: RE: [OCLUG-Tech] sending mail (rogers & sendmail)
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:45:45 -0400

I have managed to make this work using Fedora Core 4 and sendmail. It is a little more difficult to setup than you would think because Rogers is using Yahoo! Here is a link that talks about SBC-Yahoo, but the problem is the same.

http://efflandt.freeshell.org/sbc-smtp-auth.html

Looks like a good/great reference.  I'll certainly read it through.  Thanks!

<snip>
I am using the macro configuration (m4) which makes configuring sendmail a lot easier, so I don't think my sendmail.cf would be of much help for ya.

From what I've read, I believe the vast majority of sendmail mtas are
configured with the macros. So, I'm sorry for creating confusion with my request. I should have asked to see someone's sendmail.mc or sendmail.cf files.

<snip>

regards,
es.

Watch music videos on Sympatico / MSN Video! http://video.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?t=c317&f=38/81&p=ENCAmusic_ENCAvideos