Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Install problem

This is a shot in the dark, but what exactly did the dmesg output
indicate?  I have two systems (neither a laptop) and they both have
multiple ide controllers.  Therefore, the first drive on the systems is
not /dev/hda.  On both, it is /dev/hde.  This is due to the fact that the
first controller handles /dev/hda,b,c,d and the second controller (the one
with the HD) controls /dev/hde,f,g,h.  In Windows, it would still be seens
as the first drive and therefore, would be c:.

Just a guess really,

Dennis