Re: [OCLUG-Tech] No volume control

Jim Little suggested to check "lspci -v":

0000:00:09.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game
Port (rev  07)
        Subsystem: Creative Labs Gameport Joystick
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
        I/O ports at a800 [size=8]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

and also look at :/var//lib/alsa/asound.state: but I get "No such file
or directory
"

As proposed by Don Kelly, I tried reading
/etc/udev/permissions.d/udev.permissions, but the file does not exist (
I did check as root as well).  I also checked that I was a member of the
group called audio and I am listed.

In addition I also found out that I could not install KDE and that CUPS
was not available.

Looks like I may have to re-install Debian (or is there a way to
completely redo the base configuration including hardware detection?)

Normand

message navigation