Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux distro for server

On 12/16/05, Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> wrote:

> Debian.  Install Debian/stable on your server.  Debian servers work well
> headless and never have to be reinstalled, only upgraded.  Some Debian
> derivatives may also worked but I never had to venture there --
> certainly don't see the need for servers.

I can second that.  I've been running a similar server using Debian stable.
It was only recently re-installed due to a disk failure.  I've also used
slackware for a similar purpose in the past and we've an installation using
Slackware in our shop.  Very quickly, Slackware is difficult to keep up to
date.  Debian is far closer to the 'just works' stage.

Don/

--
Don Kelly
karfai [AT] gmail.com