[OCLUG-Tech] Linux distro for server

I am installing a refurbished PC so that I can run scripts to process
different requests on the net, on a daily basis. I mostly need the major
network services (ftp, sshd, httpd, etc), as well as all scripting
languages and modules and emailing capability. I'm not looking for
anything graphical. If I have it, it's nice, but I will try to disable
it once it is all setup, and will ssh/http to it only. I want to be able
to retrieve RSS feeds, some emails and requests received from web page.
I also want to be able to perform wget/ncftpget requests. But I guess
those are included in most distros today...........................:-)

What is a good distro that would have those included, and which would be
recent enough to have most security patches ? This is going to run
behind a firewall.

Thanks :-)

JF