From: Andrew Schofield <A [ dot ] J [ dot ] Schofield [ at ] pgt [ dot ] salford [ dot ] ac [ dot ] uk>
Subject: FOSS Research

Dear Linux User Group Webmaster

I am the webmaster of the Linux Society and User Group based at the University
of Salford in the UK. I am also doing a PhD investigating the community
aspects of Free and Open Source Software use and development. To collect
information on this, I have prepared a short questionnaire, which I am
distributing to Linux User Groups. I would very much appreciate it if you
could forward this link to the members of your User Group, and if you can
spare the time, complete the questionnaire yourself. Additionally if you know
any other users or developers of Free and Open Source Software who may be
interested in participating in the survey, then please pass the link on to
them. The questionnaire is available at
http://www.postgrad.isipartnership.net/~aschofield/FOSSsurvey.htm

Thanks very much for your time.

Kind regards,