[OCLUG-Tech] laptop

Hi folks:

I'm going to buy my first laptop and I'm looking for advice. While I've purchased desktop systems many times, the laptop is a different kettle of fish (they're not easily upgraded, everything is integrated into the motherboard, etc). In particular, what should I be looking for to ensure that I can run linux, and is there anything that I should watch out for because it will preclude the use of Linux (specific hardware that isn't supported, etc.)

Any advice will be appreciated.

regards,
Ed.

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.