Re: [OCLUG-Tech] laptop

On 17 Oct 2005 at 15:08, ed stuckems wrote:

> I'm going to buy my first laptop and I'm looking for advice.  While I've
> purchased desktop systems many times, the laptop is a different kettle of
> fish (they're not easily upgraded, everything is integrated into the
> motherboard, etc).  In particular, what should I be looking for to ensure
> that I can run linux, and is there anything that I should watch out for
> because it will preclude the use of Linux (specific hardware that isn't
> supported, etc.)

I have good things to say about IBM ThinkPads.  I'm told they tend to
implement hardware specifications better, in that the device drives
don't have to be written to work around oddities, quite so much.

I know lots of developers who code on ThinkPads.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/