[OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu JVM resolved

I managed to get java plugin for Firefox working and have
some notes if anyone is having trouble.

Ubuntu seems flakey about this -- I made about a dozen tries
with similar but not quite equivalent sequences of inputs
e.g., using .bin rather than .rpm install of J2RE before I
got it to work.

Ubuntu also seems to have the "pieces" for a Logitech
QuickCam, but unlike Xandros, doesn't seem to get it
running. And some menu edits work, others not.

Several folk whose advice I generally find good have
recommended Ubuntu, so I used it when Xandros would not
install on an old IBM 300GL due to video card issues. I too
found Ubuntu looked good on initial setup. It's down the
road I'm finding it fussy and time-demanding. Looks like all
CAN be solved, but not quite ready for the real world.

JN