Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu JVM resolved

On Fri, 2005-14-10 at 11:22 -0800, J C Nash wrote:
> install on an old IBM 300GL due to video card issues. I too
> found Ubuntu looked good on initial setup. It's down the
> road I'm finding it fussy and time-demanding. Looks like all
> CAN be solved, but not quite ready for the real world.

Having used hoary (current release) for several months now, I'd have to
generally agree.  It seems that hoary was frozen at a point where
several key technologies were at the cusp of change (Gnome 2.10 for
instance, kernel 2.6.10 for another).  On a positive note, though,
Ubuntu's manifesto strives towards a release every 6 months.  It would
be interesting to attempt a repeat of your problems with breezy (the
next release - due this month) to assess what is improving and what is
not.

Don Kelly/