[OCLUG-Tech] VIA EPIA VT-310DP issues

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else started exploring EPIA's new dual-proc mini-itx board, the
VT-310DP?

I just got mine and installed Fedora Core 4 and unfortunately SMP is a
no-go. Single-proc boots up fine, but that defeats the purpose behind what
makes this board special.

See
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=68411&enterthread=y

Feel free to append your successes and/or failures to the forum thread as
you see fit. Eventually I'll start exploring more aggressive solutions (like
custom kernels), but I'd rather exhaust the stock options first. This is for
moving my MythTV backend onto this machine, into the basement, so I can make
the front-ends completely silent.

Thanks!

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.