Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu JVM query

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 11:13:09 -0400
nashjc <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> I've installed Ubuntu 5.1 (Breezy Badger) on a "new" junker in my U of
> O office. It seems to have a nasty problem with Java plugin for
> browsers.

Does Ubuntu have the package "java-package?" It is a tool to build a
.deb package from the Java binary package. You may have to enable the
larger Ubuntu "universe" package repository. (I haven't used Ubuntu for
a while.) If the package is there install it, and follow the
instructions in the make-jpkg manpage.

Debian users should use java-package. It is excellent.

--
sg