[OCLUG-Tech] dumb cvs question

So I just found out that automerge is turned off and I overwrote about 500 lines of code another developer added to a project.

What I, naively, did before was cvs update, and then cvs commit.

I've fixed everything but it still remains that I was working on 1.18, while somebody upped the file to 1.19. how can I make a 1.20 that will incorporate both?

I'm looking for some sort of flag to add to 'cvs update' that will force it to merge the file, instead of just happily putting an M next to it to tell me its modified and then skipping it.

Thoughts?

Oren

PS. yes I know this defeats the entire purpose of CVS.

--
Oren Mazor // Developer, Sysadmin, Explorer
GPG Key: http://www.grepthemonkey.org/secure

message navigation