Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb cvs question

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:58:44PM -0400, Oren Mazor wrote:

> I'm looking for some sort of flag to add to 'cvs update' that will
> force it to merge the file, instead of just happily putting an M
> next to it to tell me its modified and then skipping it.

As far as I know, it's supposed to automatically merge the file when
you do update, regardless of local changes.  Someone please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Next time, try 'cvs status' on it and see if there are any 'sticky'
flags that are preventing it from updating.

There should be a command or option that deletes the sticky bits,
so to speak.