Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Remote X from *dm.

> The tricky part, and the part I'm assuming people are trying to figure
> out here, is how to disconnect the session and reattach it later. I've
> never tried that.
quoting http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8489 (a current series of
articles on NX I've been reading)
"Having the ability to disconnect a session and reconnect again has
been the "Holy Grail" of X11 remote applications. We've always lacked
a reliable mechanism to do this, even though it is an important
function. In fact, despite the painfully slow performance of remote
VNC connections, the single feature making VNC worthwhile for most of
its users is you can detach from a running session for a long period
of time and then re-attach to find it in the same state as before. NX
and FreeNX have been supporting this feature for quite some time
already."