Re: [OCLUG-Tech] introduction to Debian packages

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] introduction to Debian packages
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] istop [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:40:57 -0400

And before you do all that, you need to

apt-get update

to update the local package database.

Also you might want to edit /etc/apt/sources.list
to point to a few suitable sources - or it might
be ok the way it is.

If you're doing this for one machine, this will all
be fine.

If you're doing it for several, you might want to
look at apt-move or apt-proxy so you can download once
for all your machines.

cheerio,
bjb