Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux compatible wifi card

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux compatible wifi card
  • From: Martin Hicks <mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:35:53 -0400
On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:01:35AM -0400, Matt Rose wrote:

> Does anyone have, or know of a linux compatible PCMCIAwireless card
> (hopefully without using ndiswrapper).  I just need an 802.11b card to
> hook up my 2nd laptop.  If anyone has anything like this, or knows of a
> good 802.11b or g card, could they let me know?

I'm not sure what the latest news is on this subject.  The vendors seem
to change chipsets without even changing the model number of the card.

Compare what you can get in the stores to success stories on google.
That's where I'd start.

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE