Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux compatible wifi card

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:01:35AM -0400, Matt Rose wrote:
> Does anyone have, or know of a linux compatible PCMCIAwireless card
> (hopefully without using ndiswrapper).  I just need an 802.11b card to
> hook up my 2nd laptop.

The magic words here are "prism2 chipset". They work with the prism2_cs
module on the 2.4 kernels, and the orinoco_cs module on the 2.6 kernels.
Right now, I'm using an ASUS WL-100, which works great. I understand
that the best ones available are the actual orinoco-branded cards.

Be warned if you're looking at the Dlink 650 - the 650 is well-supported,
being orinoco-based. The 650+ is neither of those things.

--
Criminal courts do not dispense "justice" - they can't; they only
dispense protections to the community. It is all they can do.