Re: [OCLUG-Tech] linux compatible wifi card

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 10:01:35AM -0400, Matt Rose wrote:

> Does anyone have, or know of a linux compatible PCMCIAwireless card
> (hopefully without using ndiswrapper).  I just need an 802.11b card to
> hook up my 2nd laptop.  If anyone has anything like this, or knows of a
> good 802.11b or g card, could they let me know?

I'm currently using an older D-Link DWL-650 (not the "+" version) that
came in the DWL-500 package (which was just the 650 plus a PCI PCMCIA
adapter).  Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find that anymore.

I did a quick look, and locally you should be able to get the Netgear
WG511 that seems to be supported by prism54 (http://prism54.org/), or
the D-Link DWL-G650 which is supported by MadWifi
(http://madwifi.sourceforge.net).  You have to be careful, though,
some versions of both cards won't work since they changed the chipset
without renaming the card (I hate when they do that).

Kevin.