Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian on Raid and LVM.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 11:23:59PM -0500, Stephen Gregory wrote:

> >From a survey of three Debian systems 2GB is overkill for root. /Usr,
> /var, and the rest will be on the same filesystem. I could put /usr in
> the LVM and only need 512MB for root, but I prefer the convinience of
> the whole system in one filesystem when things "go wrong." Two 1GB swap
> partitions are sufficient for this system. The Raid HowTo suggests that
> two swap partitions on two drives is better then swap on raid.

Of course having two swap partitions is faster.  If they have the same
priority then you can stripe buffers between the two disks.  The problem
is that you lose data if you lose a disk.  That may not be a concern for
you, but it may be...

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE