Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian on Raid and LVM.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 06:02:04PM -0500, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> I am thinking of installing Debian Sarge with root on LVM on software
> RAID 1. It seems like a supported configuration. Any comments? Good?
> Bad? Just plain stupid?

I'm a big fan of LVM.  It makes so many things so much easier.  One
caveat is that if you put ext2/3 on it, you have to unmount to resize.
That's still better than not having LVM though.

I've never used it from the Debian installer so I don't know how well
that part will work.  If it's a supported configuration, I'd say go for
it.  Please let us know how it turns out :)

Jody