Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian on Raid and LVM.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 06:02:04PM -0500, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> I am thinking of installing Debian Sarge with root on LVM on software
> RAID 1. It seems like a supported configuration. Any comments? Good?
> Bad? Just plain stupid?

I've done root on raid1 before, but I don't know that I've ever done it
using debian installer, I usually just do it after the install..

How badly do you really need your / to be on LVM?  I'd skip that step if
I could, since it just means one more thing that you have to support if
you're trying to recover the system.

By all means use LVM for data partitions so you can add additional space
on demand.

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE