BGP daemon recommendation

Google's likely to deprecate their non-BGP + IPsec tunnels soon so now I
finally need to learn BGP and pick a proper daemon.

Between Quagga, FRRouting, and BIRD, does anybody have a recommendation
of what to run? And yes, the little details you think only you would
care about and are overly specific do matter.

Other than that, I'll have to deal with the usual, “why don't you just
OpenVPN” questions, ugh. I just hope they won't cite the 50-75%
meaningless, naive, or factually incorrect answers I preemptively found
on StackExchange.