Re: L3GO Meeting tomorrow

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 04:04:47PM -0400, arsenepl arsenepl wrote:
> I've never used Jitsi.  IS that all I need to do to join the meeting?
> Just go to the URL?

Jitsi is to use SIP/[SZ]RTP to get to it. There's a pure HTML/JS/WebRTC
client at that URL. Just use your Browser.

Jitsi is a desktop Java app. WebRTC is already a full DTLS-SRTP (the
dataplane) implementation in the browser. There's just no signalling,
which you do with AJAX, WSS, or whatever you want that you can still use
from JS.

> I may try to convince other groups to try it over zoom/skype.

Definitely over Zoom. Their crypto and VoIP proto was so laughable when
I looked at it, I knew better as a second year software engineering
student, or anybody who took 5 minutes to read Wikipedia and block
ciphers.

Sorry Dianne. Beat you to it.