Re: Reminder of L3GO meeting a week from today.

On 2020-04-07 22:04, Alex Pilon wrote:

> Hunh. You're still around. Haven't heard from you in ages! You've left
> Roaring Penguin, right?

I sold Roaring Penguin two years ago.  Since October 2018, I've been
working at Fidus Systems Inc. in embedded software development.  Very
different from spam filtering / Perl / PostgreSQL work!

> Also, your Meet instance, is it running on JRE 8 or 11. Is the latter
> working well?

I have no idea what it's running... whatever "apt-get" dragged in on
Debian 10.  Lemme check...

Looks like openjdk-11-jre-headless:amd64 and it seems to work OK; I've
had a few video meetings and they've worked fine.

> And speaking of VoIP, I have to wonder how PGcon will be run. Certainly
> not Zoom I hope.

Jitsi is good.  meet.jit.si is free, though I don't know how well it
scales.

Regards,

Dianne.