home | list info | list archive | date index | thread index

Re: Received headers (was Re: Bluenose email)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 00:56:14 +0000
David P Baril via linux <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org> wrote:

> I just did a test message from my Protonmail account using the
> Android app. The only IP address I see in the header is that of the
> Proton mail server in Switzerland...

Sure, but again: The email submission from the app may not be traveling over
SMTP, or maybe it does, but Proton Mail just decides not to add a Received:
header.

What I'm wondering is this:  Why is it a problem if your IP address is
disclosed?  Maybe if you're a dissident in an authoritarian society, but
in Canada?  I don't see it.

Regards,

Dianne.




To unsubscribe send a blank message to linux+unsubscribe [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
To get help send a blank message to linux+help [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
To visit the archives: https://lists.linux-ottawa.org