home | list info | list archive | date index | thread index

Re: Bluenose email

Eric Brackenbury via linux wrote on 2026-09-22 05:23:
Do any of you know anything about this proposed email service?
https://www.bluenosemail.ca/

Very interesting, I think we need something like this.

I'm curious on CalDAV, CardDAV, and WebDAV support, and encryption-at-rest.


I like the sparseness - that's okay for a proposed service IMHO.


What does worry me a bit is:


         We move your mail

   Your history, folders, and contacts come with you. Nothing to
   re-download, nothing to lose.


         We tell your people

   Review a list of who you actually email. We draft the "I've moved"
   note, and you approve it before anything sends.


         We help you update the rest

   We build a checklist from the banks, subscriptions, and logins
   already in your old inbox, not a generic list.

The implementation worries me, but I can understand building tools to assist users in migrating their existing email and notifying everyone, unsubscribing & resubscribing, etc.

Plenty of website profiles will need updating, and it's daunting to do manually.


I wonder what backend tech they use?



message navigation