Re: September meeting announcement: 2024-09-05 @ 19:00 EDT

On Mon, Sep 02, 2024 at 04:00:49PM -0400, Scott Murphy via linux wrote:
> /Topics/
>
>  *
>    A quick logistical question - might expand a little
>  *
>    Using a (relatively) cheap laptop as a primary machine
>        Tug will have a talk/discussion on his acquisition of a “cheap”
>        laptop for real work.
I have been running a couple of old comps as X servers of this kind or
another. With much real work done in the clouds, is it a "make a thin client
great again" thing?
>  *
>    Owning your lighting (not lightning)
>        Scott will have a short talk on converting a lamp to an IoT
>        device without sending info to the cloud.
Have been doing this stuff for couple of years. Wiz2MQTT is opensourced:
https://gitlab.com/dnkorovkin/wiz2mqtt The similar ble2mqtt for BLE devices
was it's predecessor and not well designed, so I decided to keep it at home.

> --
> Scott Murphy
> scott [ dot ] murphy [ at ] arrow-eye [ dot ] com

Regards,
--
Dmitriy