From: Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi046 [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
Sent: 20 November 2023 17:33
To: Linux-Ottawa <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org>
Subject: Small ISPs being de-listed on Wikipedia page

Hello all,

Something I want to bring to this community's attention is the fact that every time I post the name/services, etc. of a "small" or "rural" Internet Service Provider to the Wikipedia page for Canadian ISPs, it keeps getting deleted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_internet_service_providers_in_Canada

I have asked whoever considers themself to be a moderator to please stop doing this, but they won't.

Now, they are telling me that they are doing this whenever an ISP that I list doesn't have its own Wikipedia page.  I think this is a silly requirement to be included on the list, but I did want to give everyone on this list a heads-up about this, and would appreciate assistance creating Wikipedia pages for the following:
-WTC Communications (https://www.wtccommunications.ca/)
-Community Fibre (https://www.communityfibre.ca/)
-Oxio (https://oxio.ca/en)
-CanNet (https://www.cannettel.com/)
-Nexicom (https://nexicom.net/)

I feel this behaviour represents "anti competition", and I will feel strongly about this if the requested Wikipedia pages are created for the above, with associated hyperlinks, and the rows still get deleted.

Your help with this is appreciated - I feel it's important to have many eyes on things like this.

Thank you,
Katie