Re: Ubuntu LTS no longer updates Universe repository

Hi Alan,

I read from the docs that "Landscape" is a competitor for Puppet or Ansible. You can manage your deployment of multiple servers in groups, and keep their systems identical.

Just to clarify:

What I would like to do on each of my family's "3" Ubuntu boxes that are "All Different".

* Script or command to read the list of apps installed:

  * ignores all those installed as requirements

  * Ignores all those automatically installed

  * I think that the apt system tracks that info?

* I can read and edit the list

* I can copy that list to various backup locations, like the other Ubuntu boxes, or email or whatever.

* I think I can create a script to re-install from the list

Rob

I like this quote:
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day
Unless you are busy - then you should sit for an hour"
     - Zen Proverb