Re: GPL revoked

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 10:31:45AM -0500, Rick Leir wrote:
> Very interesting, Google 'GPL license getting revoked'.
>
> The hits from ycombinator , lwn.net, and gnu.org give the best discussion.
>
> But the Asian exec might be worried about something else, perhaps technology export restrictions? I cannot see how that could apply to FOSS

If the execs come from countries with authoritarian regimes that don't necessarily enjoy good relations with countries in which the GLP was developed and is enforceable, the execs may be worried about their OWN government revoking access to GPL'd software.

I am not a foreign policy expert, except maybe of the armchair variety, so this is speculative in it's entirety. Not implausible, however, I feel.

--
Znoteer
Tenured Conspiracy Theorist