Good morning everyone,
When: 7pm Thursday Feb 2nd 2023
This month we have an introduction to Dmitriy's new open source project
Wiz2MQTT, which he offered to talk about at very short notice, so thank you!
I keep meaning to ask for volunteers to give talks, short or long, but
usually remember a week before a meeting, so now I'm putting out a
request for future meetings. If you have a presentation or demo you'd be
comfortable sharing with the club, or a discussion topic you wish
introduce, then please let us know.
In addition to Dmitriy's presentation, if time allows, I have a couple
of discussion topics, which I've not prepared enough for a talk.
Topics to mull over, and I look forward to others knowing more about
than I do!
_*Privacy, Secrecy, Security, and Accessibility*_
- Privacy - initiated by a couple of emails about this club's privacy rules.
- Privacy vs Secrecy - something we do, but don't talk about, vs
something we don't want people to know we do.
- Privacy vs Security - moral intent vs technical competence
- Security vs Accessibility - PGP on your phone, medical records on the
If ChatGPT can pass exams for MBAs (says more about MBAs or ChatGPT?),
then what are the implications for /publicly available knowledge/ based
- Lawyers, where arcane inflexible wording is required.
- Open Source software, if you can just ask "Hey ChatGPT, write me
closed source code to replace libsomething".
- Family doctors, where symptoms lead to tests, which lead to
diagnosis, which lead to treatment options.