From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
Sent: 02 November 2022 13:31
To: Brett Delmage <brett [ dot ] delmage [ at ] twobikes [ dot ] ottawa [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca>
Cc: linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org>
Subject: Re: [linux] Meeting Thursday night (edited to be factually correct)

Attention : courriel externe | external email

On 2022-11-02 11:44, Brett Delmage wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2022, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> >The dynamics are different in person, and I am seeking that
> >type of interaction because we haven't had that for 2.5 years.

> Is this a OCLUG meeting or a Beer SIG?

"yes".

> "In person" is not the same as maskless. People can have perfectly valuable
> and enjoyable social interactions while still respectfully wearing masks, as
> has been established the past two years.

They are even better when food is shared.  The Linux Plumbers Conference
and Linux Security Summit we attended in September in Dublin
demonstrated that very clearly.

> But not in a bar this week. Such a choice, especially without concern and
> action to involve virtual participants who may be the most isolated, is
> exclusionary at the least, IMO.

*I* don't have a mobile device, but I'm not adverse to having someone
with such a device join us and connect to the virtual meeting.

> Ottawa has its most COVID-19 hospitalizations in 9 months
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/covid19-ottawa-current-cases-status-november-2022-1.6636608

I've been following the poop-meter regularly for more than two years:
        https://613covid.ca/wastewater/

Mine is a personal choice.  I am comfortable with my informed risk
taking into account vaccine status and previous exposure and the risk to
other household members.

I'm not a member of TUPOC (they are currently hanging out at the
public archives and national library...).

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca<http://www.TriColour.ca>>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!