From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 12:35:26 PM
To: Tug Williams <tug [ dot ] williams [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
Cc: Katherine Mcmillan <kmcmi046 [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>; linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org <linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org>; Jean-Francois Messier <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
Subject: Re: [linux] Meeting tonight

Attention : courriel externe | external email

On 2022-11-01 12:12, Tug Williams wrote:
> Katie,
>
> I'd be interested to know what you're referring to, as I'm not a CentOS
> person... I could google, but I'd also be happy to hear on Thursday :)

As an employee of the organization responsible for that disto, I may
have some opinions about the subject...  ;-)    It was a bit messy...

> I also have a few discussion topics related to Dr Chen's talk. I have
> written a few notes, but nothing as concrete as "a talk".
>

> My 3 sub-topics (follow up questions from his the talk) relate to
>
> - open data formats (I have opinions)
> - data security (I have questions)
> - who pays the ferryman? (I have opinions and questions)
>

> Unrelatedley - I also did some initial investigation into Mastodon as an
> open source replacement for Twitter, which could lead to an interesting
> discussion. Maybe others have more experience. Alas I didn't get as far as
> successfully installing a server.
>

> So if there is interest, I think we have enough material for a few jitsi
> based discussions on Thursday.
>

> Tug
>

> On 01/11/2022 11:50, Katherine Mcmillan wrote:
> >Hi Jean-Francois,
> >
> >I am happy to attend a meeting on Thursday.?? I regret missing last
> >month's meeting as Home Assistant and home automation are really
> >interesting to me, however, I was unexpectedly detained.
> >
> >I would love to know about everyone's experiences around the changes to
> >CentOS 7/8.?? Personally, those affected my thesis work - I'd like to know
> >how/if they affected others and what others did.?? I'd be happy to explain
> >the changes I'm talking about, if needed.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Katie

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca<http://www.TriColour.ca>>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!