Re: photo download

On 2022-01-08 2:48 p.m., Callie Jones wrote:
I run MInt 20. Is there a way to download camera photos?  I looked at the Mint Forum site but found nothing more recent than 2017.  At one time I ran both Windows and Linux and had to transfer photos with Windows because the camera was compatible only with Windows or Mac.

Thanks.

Marlene

gphoto seems to be a library that does this. I have used it with digiKam to get photos. Some digital cameras look like a "mass Storage" device, and others use a camera protocol.

I will admit that I generally just pop the memory card out of the camera and stick it in a USB card reader. then the memory card opens as USB mass storage. Pictures will be found berried in a directory called DCMI or something like that.

--
Charles MacDonald  VA3CPY               Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe