Re: hosting your own email servers

I have been running a few Mail-in-a-box servers on small VPSes for a few years. They work pretty well, although I've run into a few problems with the alias feature when trying to forward mail to Sympatico addresses.

https://mailinabox.email/

MIAB suits my mostly hands-off approach to email while allowing me to avoid resorting to GMail etc.

My server does flag Dianne Skoll's email as spam, though (which I find ironic, considering the Roaring Penguin history).

---
Tim Forbes

On 2021-07-21 11:48, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
Hello,

For some time I've been hosting my own email servers for my domain,
digitaltorque.ca. Lately though I'm finding this more and more
difficult, as mail servers don't like the IP of my VM in the  cloud,
or won't deliver mail to it.

Do those here run their own email servers or has it become too much of
a pain? Beyond populating an SPF record I'm not sure what else to do.

Mike