Re: Problems hearing speakers during tonight's jitsi meeting

  • Subject: Re: Problems hearing speakers during tonight's jitsi meeting
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 23:04:25 -0400
I usually have to mess around with the settings, and plugin and unplug
a headset, to get it to work.  Before tonight that dance usually
worked - camera, mic and speakers.  Tonight - nope.

My friend who was also on the call, phoned me and put his phone on
speakerphone so I could listen that way.  Thanks Wil!  So ingenious.
I suppose I could have spoken into the phone and you could have heard
me but I was afraid of the potential for feedback.  The text chat
worked ok for that.

My system:  Chromium on Debian - alsa for sound.

Someone suggested another computer - that was my best computer for
video chatting.  My other computer doesn't have a camera at all, nor
mic.  I have separate camera and mic - haven't used them in a while,
not entirely sure where they are just now.

Thanks to the powers that be (the board) for the AGM and the talks.

bjb

On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 10:12:56PM -0400, Brett Delmage wrote:
> I think there was some chat comments that others were having problems
> hearing speakers in tonight's Jitsi AGM meeting?
>
> The only sounds I heard during the AGM part was the sound effects for people
> checking in and departing. There was no speaker audio. For a while I thought
> that everyone joining was muted and the meeting had simply not started.
>
> Anyway, I finally got audio running very shortly after John started his
> presentation. I abandoned Firefox and switched to Safari (on a Mac - which
> is the only computer here at the moment with a camera and mic.
>
> I'll have to look into this more. I thought I'd mention it in case the same
> happened to anyone else.
>
> Brett

> To get help send a blank message to linux+help [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
> To visit the archives: https://lists.linux-ottawa.org

---end quoted text---