Re: CentOS Stream (was: IPv6)

If you register as a developer, you can have a 16-server free license with full upgrades/updates of RHEL. The only limitation is that you must remain within the latest version of a major version number, like 7.9 for RHEL 7. If 16 servers is enough for you, that's the best deal.

On 2021-02-02 2:35 p.m., Alan McKay wrote:
My initial email was discussing a replacement for an enterprise-grade
Linux and Fedora is definitely not a solution to that problem.

For user desktop sure.

Rocky Linux was mentioned - I believe it is basically a re-fork of
CentOS isn't it, created as a response to this situation by the guy
who originally started CentOS.  Their logo certainly look similar.

I'd never heard of Lenix so googled - and looks like they are now Alma
Linux https://almalinux.org/

Looks like they have the same goal - though personally I think they
should join forces with Rocky

I also looked into Scientific Linux when this news first came out and
it looks like those folks threw in the towel a while back.

And for a complete list I believe Oracle Linux has a free version and
a paid version.  Are they the same?  I'm not sure.