Re: CentOS Stream (was: IPv6)

On 2021-02-01 13:13, Alan McKay wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 12:49 PM Peter Sj??berg <peters-oclug [ at ] techwiz [ dot ] ca> wrote:
> >  I'm going with centos8 (or stream or something like that)
>
> This may not matter for home use but worth of a discussion in any case.
>
> In case anyone missed the smoke-and-mirrors on that one CentOS stream
> takes the "ent" out of "CentOS"
>
> "ent" used to stand for "enterprise grade", but that is no longer the
> case with stream.
>
> The reason it used to be enterprise grade is because it was downstream
> from RHEL, and RHEL undergoes a great deal of QA performed by RH.
>
> Stream is now UPSTREAM from RHEL - which is a bit crazy.  This is the
> other shoe dropping from the RH official collaboration with CentOS a
> few years ago.
>
> Anyone who is currently using CentOS in a production environment needs
> to have a serious look at changing distros.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/01/centos-is-gone-but-rhel-is-now-free-for-up-to-16-production-servers/

Or you can use Rocky or Lenix.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!