Re: Tucows is retired

 From tucows page:

Tucows launches in Flint, Michigan
The origins of what is now Tucows began in Flint, Michigan in 1993. While working for local libraries, Scott Swedorski noticed the public’s increasing interest in the World Wide Web and used his personal website to offer downloadable software. He dubbed this service TUCOWS, an acronym for The Ultimate Collection of Winsock Software, which quickly gained recognition as the first site to offer software on a freeware or shareware basis.