Re: rsync snapshot backup

What format is your backup drive?

If the backup drive is formatted to a file system that does not
support links (like exFAT ) hard links will be copied as duplicate
lfiles  and soft links may not be copied at all.

SSDs and hard drives are usually supplied with a Windows file format,
such as exFAT or NTFS and would need to be reformatted to a linux file
system (such as the default format for your own linux systems, begore
they will work properly with rsync.

Ian